*

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Centennial 6


Where is the best place to learn how to make the best ice cream treats? Sunday School!
Monday was Halloween. I was Iron man and my companion was Captain America. We unfortunately did not get a picture.  I realized about half way through the day that last year on Halloween I went to a basketball game and this year on Halloween I was watching a basketball game.  Watching the Missionaries play is a little different then watching USU, but still that is kind of funny.  The lady we live with, her grandson came to visit, and that was super fun.  He was super cute.  

I also found out this week that Tonga is a polyp. Sister Paongo was impressed I know what that was.   
Saturday was definitely the highlight of my week. We went to Highlands Ranch for a mini MTC.  They do this mock MTC for the youth every year.  I am really not sure everything they did.  I know that the night before they had a devotional thing.  They were put into districts and went to a member's home for the evening.  The had exercise, personal and companion study in the morning then came back to the church. That is where we come in.  They assigned each missionary to a district.  The members then drove us to an area in their ward.  Then the exciting thing happened, the youth went tracting.  The youth had to knock on the doors then ask to share a video or thought.  The missionaries were there to supervise and if they needed help to step in but we were not supposed to talk unless they needed help.  The youth were all super nervous but it was good practice for if they go on a mission because that is what we do.  I was put in charge of three girls.  We ended up finding someone who wanted to learn more.  The girl shared her scripture and her testimony about it and they guy said, "wow that really applies to what I am going through right now thank you."  She was like, "no problem."  I then stepped in and asked if he would like to learn more about the church he said yea.  We got his information so we could give it to the elders in the ward.  She was so excited about it so I let her give it to the elders and tell them all about it.  After all the youth got back together and had lunch then the missionaries left.  I am not sure what the youth did for the rest of the day.  I do know for dinner they went to a member's home and the member was supposed to invite a friend and the youth had to teach them a lesson at dinner.  

Sunday was the regional stake conference.  Two of the people that Sister Paongo taught earlier in her time in Cornerstone Park came since it was her last Sunday.  They sat by the stake president and his wife.  The speakers focused a lot on how important the temple is and how it blesses our lives.  The temple is a place where we can go to feel peace and to feel guidance in our life.  They talked about how important it is to bring our questions to the temple.  

This week is transfers.  I am staying in Cornerstone Park.  :) Yay! I get to stay in an area!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what an amazing experience for everyone concerned! That's awesome😊 Wish you had managed to get a photo on Halloween - would have been sweet to see you all dressed up 😜

    You look amazing Ana! So happy, so grateful you are serving the Lord as in sure He is!

    ReplyDelete