*

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Craig 7

I Hate Cows, but I Love Steak! --Sister Herring
 
Well this week was an adventure.  
 
[Sister Holcomb, Sister Herring, Bishop Prescott]

My Bishop found out that he went to high school with my parents.  Of course that meant that we had to go through all the yearbooks and find pictures of them.  It was quite fun. 
We helped out at the food bank this week.  That is always an interesting experience.  We basically carry out boxes for people to their car.  Sister Herring thought her calves would explode because they were so tight.  She got so desperate that  she was willing to try essential oils which is a really big deal.  Also take pills.  That is how we ended up at the Bishop's, to borrow some pills.  I was wearing a Brigham City t-shirt. 
We had a Relief Society party this week. The theme was "minions of ways to serve" and everyone was supposed to dress like a minion.  Everyone did and that made it super fun. 
Since Sister Herring had to go to a meeting on Thursday I got to spend the day in Rifle with Sister Thompson.  Then after that we started on our way back to Craig.  About half way we realized that the Rifle Sisters had left their area book in our car.  They had to come get it.  The family we were having dinner with thought it was funny so they were not mad at us being so late to dinner.  I finally got to teach a girl that was baptized right before I got here.  Her family has been super busy since I have been here and we are super happy we finally got to teach her and her family. 
Then the highlight of the week happened on Saturday.  We got to drive down to Grand Junction and MEET ELDER HOLLAND it was awesome.  He took the time to shake every single missionary's hand and look them in the eye.  He is actually super funny which I feel like I never realized before.  One of the things we did was read a few different Bible stories and talked about what Christ did in them that made them such powerful teaching experiences.  We talked a lot about how we have to start from where the investigator is and work up. "We need to take the Colorado Denver South Mission to primary."  There were also two members of the Quorum of the Seventy there that also spoke to us. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. The meeting lasted about 3 and a half hours. The Spirit was so strong and it was wonderful. Then to top it off we had Chick-fil-a for lunch. 
Then a kind of funny story that happened on Sunday was that we met a "gang member". We were talking to him and he was like, "I would be a bad Mormon."  His friend was like, "Why, because you cuss?" He was like, "No, gang stuff bro."  He was the most unintimidating person ever; I think he might have been shorter then me.  Anyway it was super funny and Sister Herring and I are still laughing about it.

Have and awesome fantastic week
Sister Holcomb
 
[Ana's Mission President's wife, Sister Gifford, sent us this photo of them with Ana's Great Grandma- they met her at Stake Conference where she said a beautiful prayer. :-)]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment