*

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Gunnison 10

100 Days More

JK Sister Carlson did the math wrong.  I was trying to figure out if I wanted to read the Book of Mormon another time before I get home how many pages I needed to read a day.  I did not want to figure it out though because then I would know how many days I had left and I did not want to know that.  Sister Carlson ended up doing the math for me and was like you have 100 days.  I was like the whole point of you doing this is so that I would not know how many days I have left. Now she wants to make a paper chain.  I agreed that we might be able to make one until February 15th when all the candy goes on sale from Valentines day.  We will see if it ends up happening.  We did find out that she did the math wrong though so that is good.
Last week Brother Richter our Branch Mission leader gave us some names to go try of less-actives.  A lot of them I had tried before but we decided to do it again. We have been able to see miracles. 
We got in contact with this Lady named Donna.  We had tried her last week and she told us that she was not interested.  We went back this week to try her again and she opened her door and was like I know who you are come in.  We went in and shared a scripture with her.  She mentioned that she really missed having the Sisters come over and the church.  
Another is named Doug and he was in the middle of chopping wood when we tried him but we were able to set up another appointment to teach the whole family.
We were also able to get in and see Sister Friedman again which was great.  
Shay is doing great. She didn't come to church again. She did tell us that she made a covenant with God that she would meet with us once a week though.
Jared ended up getting stuck doing a group project so we were not able to meet with him but hopefully this week. His Birthday was on Wednesday so we told him that he missed out because we might have brought him a treat or something. 
We had dinner with the Harveys this week. Which is always fun.  Anders and Alex had to tell me all about how badly the Gunnison High School band lost at state. They are still really bitter about it.  Anders is going to be drum major next year and is super excited about it.  They also all shared their missionary moments from the week with us.  Anders was telling his friend about the Book of Mormon and put one in his back pack so next time it comes up he can give one to her. It is always exciting to hear about the members' missionary moments.  
I hope you all have a fantastic week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment