*

Monday, September 26, 2016

Littleton 6


This Ward I like it...Another
I am being transferred to the Cornerstone Park ward this week.  That does mean I have to say goodbye to my trainer and we will definitely miss each other.  The good news is that we are still in the same zone and stake.  The bad news on the other hand is that they are sending the bright blue ford fusion out west.  The APs called to tell us and we were pretty bummed. 

When we got the call it was right after Women's Conference and the President called the Cornerstone Park sisters and we went with them to hear their news.  He said, "Sister Paongo, you will be follow up training Sister Holcomb in Cornerstone Park." We all just got really wide eyes and stared at each other.  We had to stay completely silent it was crazy.  Then after they got their news Sister Paongo was like, "actually the Bowles Grove sisters are here" so he then told us our news.  That means that I am moving over a ward and will now be with Sister Paongo my Tongan friend.  She keeps following me and shouting "fourth floor last door! you ready sister Holcomb?"  This is going to be a crazy transfer. :)

It has been hard to say goodbye to my Bowles Grove people but I am excited to meet the people next door in the other ward. 

The other great thing about being right next door is that I will still be able to come to the three baptisms.  One is set for the 8th.  The bishop announced it in church and Jose just looked in shock.  We did not know that the bishop was going to do that and Jose had kind of been like, "we will see, that is soon."  After Sacrament we asked him what he thought and his response was "well I guess I better ask for the day off then."  So way to go bishop being bold.  Bianca and Alberto's we will probably move to the 22 because it would have been the 15 but the 16 is the temple dedication so we did not want their first Sunday after to be that.  They might be like "what have we done? they act normal until you join then suddenly it changes." Bianca is super ready and prepared she talks about how she reads the book of Mormon right before she goes to bed and as soon as she gets up because it is always good to start and end your day on a good note.  Bianca and her son came to church yesterday and her son cried when it was time to leave so I guess that is a good sign.

Sister Davies and I decided to make zucchini bread it was super fun.  We each made a separate batch  and mine turned out and hers got weird.  So watch out boys I can cook.  She is better at cleaning though so I guess it evens out.  We of course had to pose with the zucchini because it was so big. 


Also on Monday I was forced to play basketball again and guess what I "broke" someone's finger. There is a reason I do not play basketball people.  I do not even know how I keep injuring these people because I am the most unaggressive noncompetitive person I have ever met.
 I totally forgot to talk about something ahhhhh.  Thursday I was on an exchange in highlands ranch and I was at dinner with the Ward family.  They were asking the common question of where are you from?  I said Maple Grove Minnesota their jaws dropped and they were like Maple Grove, we are from Maple Grove! It was the best.  She is a chef so she was super good friends with Sister Dubois.  They also had a saxophone lamp that made me very happy.  They were nice enough to let me take a picture.  We just talked about Maple Grove Minnesota and my companion was just super confused.

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo with the zucchini. It sounds like you're doing great. It's always fun to run into people from our same state and even town. Yeah, probably best to lay off the basketball. Keep the faith. We love you. Chauntelle

    ReplyDelete