*

Monday, October 17, 2016

Centennial 3

 [Ana didn't send a picture to go with this letter this time, but I've included lots of links- if you have any questions about the links please ask and/or visit mormon.org or lds.org]
This week was exciting.  On Wednesday this lady the Elders were teaching got baptized.  That was super exciting and we got to go because she wanted Sister Paongo [Ana's companion] to sing with the Elders.  
At the baptism I met this little 5 year old who is my new best friend. I saw her again on Saturday at the Fort Collins Temple cultural event.  She wanted to sit by me the entire time :) I also got to see Ariel.  Jose also was there so it was really nice to talk to them and see how they are doing.  Jose said that even though he was not baptized he has been able to see the difference that the gospel has made in his life and he is glad that I knocked on his door.  That was nice to hear especially since we have not been able to find anyone. 
The cultural event was great. I am pretty sure Camille Toronto [someone who used to live in our stake here] was in it so that was exciting.  President Uchtdorf said something that I loved.  He stood up and pulled two things out of his pocket.  His temple recommend and a mini For the Strength of Youth pamphlet.  He said he always has both of them because "you cannot have one without the other."  If you are obeying the standards in the For the Strength of Youth then you are a worthy temple recommend holder and if you are a temple recommend holder then you are following the standards.  It was a good reminder of how important it is to follow the things talked about in the For the Strength of Youth even if the rest of the world does not.  You really cannot have one with out the other. Even though that is simple it is true. 
Uchtdorf mentioned the importance of the youth and preparing to be temple worthy.  He also said to make sure we are studying our scriptures and strengthening our testimony in Christ.  It was also really emphasized to make sure that the temple is the center of our lives and not worldly things.  It is super important to take all of our concerns and doubts there.  Sunday was the temple dedication and that was also super nice.
We met this lady named Danelle this week.  She was really sad; we found out that it so happened to be her birthday and no one had remembered.  We sang to her and talked for a little. She was not interested in learning more, but I am still glad we met her and could brighten her day. 
I love you all

{in addition to that letter here are some questions I asked Ana and some of  her letter back}
Good morning Ana :-)
How are you doing? 
How are things going with your companion? 
How do you like the ward mission leader in the ward you are in now? 
Did you get the package I sent? 
How are the fall colors?  The leaves are really looking pretty around here. 
Is it getting cold out there?  Let me know if you want long underwear or anything to keep you warm.  Grandma mailed your package last week so you should get it sometime this week if not today. 
When you transfer do you text some members of the ward to say goodbye?  I remember some missionaries have done that to us before, but not lately.   
I also mentioned we still don't know what we are going to be for Halloween and the ward fall party is Saturday, sent her the picture of Isaac & his XC team visiting him at work, and my parable of the crock pot (if you aren't familiar with it and are curious, message or email me).
  My companion and I seem to be doing a little better.  I love the ward mission leader in my ward now.  He is super great.  I got your package and  I also got grandmas package.  
The leaves look really pretty.  It really has not gotten too cold yet in my opinion, my companion might disagree.  When I left Bowels grove I texted Ariel to say bye but I got to see her again on Saturday because the stake was having a picnic.  We just ran up to each other and hugged for like 5 minutes and the elder she was sitting by said guys it has only been 3 weeks.  We were like three weeks too long.
[Ariel is the mom that Ana told to call me with a question she had, and her daughter, pictured in a previous post super loved Ana.]
You could always be super heroes for Halloween. The fall festival is always fun.  I am glad Isaac's team is so fun. It is true that Heavenly Father will place people in your path.  Every time I  start to think I miss home I remember all of the new people I have met.

No comments:

Post a Comment