*

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Centennial 4

When Your Stunt Double Steals Your Identity

I went on an exchange with sister Davies on Wednesday and it was a blast.  We ended up teaching this guy who has this really crazy intense story and I guess the gist of everything and the root of all his problems is that his stunt double stole his identity.  We also of course got McDonald's ice cream cones and some triple filtered water because they are the best.  

On Thursday when we got out of a lesson with a member there was this giant marching band festival going on.  I got to hear some of the songs as we drove by. It was wonderful.  

Friday I had to call the tiwi [?] place to see if they could take the aggressive driving off my card.  For like three days every time I turned right on one road it would give me an "aggressive driving."  When I called I had a total of about 15. The guy I talked to was super cool and friendly.  I found out he served his mission with David Archuleta.  

Saturday we helped the Rice's(the ward mission leader) can and make things.  We made apple sauce, apple butter, spaghetti noodles and sauce, and a cake.  I decided I really like using the food processor and juicer.

Sister Paongo and I decided that we are going to be Captain America and Iron Man for Halloween this year. I feel like that describes our relationship. 

Sunday at dinner this lady told us this story that I am going to try and repeat.  So you are at a baseball game and Satan is the pitcher.  Love steps up to bat and makes it to first.  Faith steps up and makes it to first.  Wisdom steps up and also makes it to first.  All the bases are loaded.  Then Grace steps up who kind of looks like this little guy.  Satan is like we got this.  Then Grace hits the ball, the ball hits the pitcher in the head knocking him out and the ball goes over the fence.  Everyone makes it home.  This story shows that we can have all the love, faith, and wisdom in the world but we need grace to get back home to out Heavenly Father.
 
Sister Holcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment