*

Monday, May 8, 2017

Craig 14

Oh We're Half Way There

o-oh livin' on a prayer *actually though because I am a missionary*
That is crazy to think I am already 9 months into my mission. I feel like I got here yesterday. 
Well onto what happened this week.
On Friday there was a fireside.  An inspirational speaker came and she said something that I liked.  She got paralyzed from the waist down in a car accident.  She had scholarships to a few different schools and had won All Around Cowgirl in a rodeo.  She had been riding horses since she was 5.  After her accident now she cannot really compete anymore.  Some little girl asked her one day if she could go back would she change what had happened.  Her response was what made me think.  She said she thought about it for a minute "would I give that up for what I have gained?"  Her response was "No, I would not."  That got me thinking sometimes life is hard, but would I give up the hard things for what I ended up gaining from them? 
Well, this week on Monday we went to dinner at an investigator's house in Hayden.  That was fun; we had tostadas.  Then after that we had to drive to Grand Junction for "train the trainers" the next day. 
Tuesday we went to "train the trainers" then drove back up to Craig.   Then we drove to Steamboat.  In Steamboat we were able to teach a lady named Summer. She is wonderful and has set a goal to get to the temple sometime in May. 
This week we have been helping Sister Dalton make May Day baskets to bring to people.  No one here (except for Sister Dalton and I) seems to have heard of leaving something on people's door steps then running. We decided we should do that and bring it to members and people we are teaching.  It was quite fun. 
We taught Frank on Thursday.  We had Sister Dalton and Ken come because Frank wanted to talk to some converts and see how they felt or knew it was true.  It was really awesome. Ken got baptized in January and he seemed to have some of the same questions as Frank.  Frank also decided to take a trip to Temple Square this week and loved it. 
I think the biggest miracle of the week is Walter.  We decided to go to church in Steamboat on Sunday.  It was wonderful.  While we were in sacrament meeting I kept feeling like I should check the phone because Bishop Prescott needed something.  I do not like to look at the phone in sacrament meeting so I was like, "It is okay, I am just thinking that because I am not in Craig."  Well after Sacrament meeting I looked at the phone and Bishop Prescott had called and texted us a few times.  Oops, I probably should have checked the phone.  He had called to let us know that a man had showed up to church and said he wanted to learn more and be baptized he has been reading the Book of Mormon.   Luckily Bishop is amazing and got Brother Caras to  helped him find his way around for church and got his contact info. As soon as we got back to Craig we called him and he said we could meet that afternoon. Brother Caras came with and the lesson went wonderfully. 

I hope you all have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Ana - you are just amazing! 9 months down - wow that seems so unreal-!

    Sounds as if you're having a special time with your investigators just now - and a golden contact too - you are being blessed beyond measure - your family must be so proud!!

    Love reading your thoughts and seeing just how much you have grown in the gospel 😊

    Take care and keep up the good work,

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete