*

Monday, June 12, 2017

Uncompahgre 1

 Walter got baptized and a member of the mission presidency sent me a picture.


Well I made to Uncompahgre.  The area I am over includes part of Delta, all of Olathe, and part of Montrose.  My companion is Sister Poulton who is absolutely wonderful. She has been out about 15 months. 
Well, we are teaching some wonderful people.  
There is Mike and he is getting ready to be baptized sometime in July.  He is 29 and had a stroke when he was 15 and has been on dialysis ever since. He has a younger brother whose name is CK.  CK looks like Clark Kent and I asked him if that is what CK stood for and he said no.  Then Mike's mom's name is Jodi.  CK and Jodi are less-active members.  They are a super wonderful family.  It is crazy how much Mike has grown in the last week.  At the beginning of the week Mike had problems with the Word of Wisdom. Now he says he has been living it for a little and has already been able to see changes in his life.  The doctor told him to drink coffee to help with his blood pressure.  Since he stopped for about two days his blood pressure is more regular then ever.  He also has been reading the Book of Mormon and is already in the middle of 2 Nephi and says he knows it is true.  
We are also teaching this lady named Joan who is getting ready to be baptized in July.  She is super cool.  She has this giant plot of land with a bunch of stuff on it.  Her husband is a hoarder.  We are helping her organize it a little but her husband has taken to hiding everything.  
We helped this lady pack to move this week.  It seems to be a thing to do because I have made like 3 this week. We got to make a burn pile and that was super fun.  It used to be way bigger then the picture but I still decided a photo would be fun.
Since it was my first week the bishopric thought it would be fun for the missionaries to speak in church.  I got to speak on testimony building and I would say it went pretty well.  My companion gave a wonderful talk on forgiveness. She made a great pasta analogy that I might have to type out next week.  
I hope you all have a great week.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment