*

Friday, August 12, 2016

MTC 4


Sister Holcomb and Elder Fjeldsted and a bunch of other Sisters and Elders :-)


Last Thursday I was kind of struggling so two elders in my district
gave me a blessing and so then I felt better.  I feel like it is all very emotionally and physically draining and I am already a very emotional person.  I think my body is starting to adjust though. The blessing was very focused on how Satan is doing his best to drag me down because he knows of my importance,  but I can make it and nobody can drag me down.  After, my companion was like
Idk if I am supposed to do this but your blessing just made me really want to.  She then burst into Drag me Down by One Direction which made my life better.

Sunday elder Holland's son came and gave a presentation on Joseph Smith and his life which is pretty cool.  He reminded us that we are just as important as Joseph Smith, our purpose might be different but we are just as important.  I also am officially a sister training leader.  I help the zone leaders and so that means I get a phone so people can contact me ;) people are always like "can we hold your little flip phone I want to feel technology."

On Tuesday this is probably my best experience here.  Elder Andersen showed up to the devotional.  I was sitting in the third row so I was like 20 ft from an apostle. It was his birthday so of course we all
sang.  It was a cool experience to sing happy birthday slowly with an organ.
I actually have seen that meme*. Neil L. Andersen came to speak to us and shared it.  He thought it was funny and so he gave us a little talk about the Olympics 'cause he knew we all wanted to know.  He also related the meme to sharing the gospel.
[*Since Ana has been teaching swim lessons the last two or three years I thought she would appreciate this and shared it with her.]
 

Yesterday I got to host the new missionaries.  I was really worried I would cry when all the moms did but I held myself together.
I leave the MTC on Monday at 4:30 am. Guess who is coming to speak Monday evening Elder Holland.  I am missing him by less then 24 hours.

 I have seen Jakob [friend from our ward and Madison's (Ana's friend in another post) brother] and Ryland [my cousin's son], but I only saw him [Ryland] once and I don't really remember what he looks like so I can't find him. He saw me the first time.  Haha.  I see Jakob a lot cause I know what he looks like.  I still haven't seen Andrew [long time friend from MN] but trust me I'm looking.  
Elder Visaya tore his ACL so he is not sure what he is going to do he knows he needs surgery and can't go to New York yet.  He either has to go home to Canada and wait 6 months to even possibly have the surgery or stay in the MTC and have the surgery in the US.  He still doesn't know what they are going to have him do but should find out today.  We all are kinda struggling with that, you basically become family with your district so it's kinda like a brother got really hurt.  

You should probably stop hanging out with Abby so she can be safe.
 [Ana is joking and referring to this- Abby went shopping with Ana and me for Ana's clothes and there was a HUGE storm while we were at the store, trees blown over and rained out streets huge, and I told Ana that when a few Young Women leaders and I went out with Abby to Rita's (shakes and Italian ice) there was a HUGE storm (so much rain it overflowed our wheelbarrow).]

Sounds like you guys had a good week. 

I also thought you guys might enjoy this.  Elder Gerber and Wilde love Nacho Libre so they quote it a lot.  Here is a video of what they do before every activity. [I don't know how to share the video she shared with us, and can't find a photo or clip online that does it justice, but it's basically the summoning your eagle powers scene- so picture two Elders in suits re-enacting it]


 I thought you would like this picture.
  Elder Wilde got a package and had to go teach an investigator.  He told us we could go through it so of course we did and we found these.
  This will probably be my last email. So if u have any last questions let me know.
I love you guys and will probably talk to you Monday or Tuesday whenever my p day is.  If I do get to  call you Monday what number do u want me to call? Make sure you have that phone cause I have no idea what time I would call.   It should be sometime between 4:30 and 8:16 am Utah time.
So it could be early.
  Love
  Sister Holcomb


No comments:

Post a Comment