*

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Uncompahgre 9

Baptisms and Sweet Corn

Well Mike got baptized and that was super awesome.  He is so happy.  We asked him yesterday how he felt and he said, "Can you not tell I am literally like glowing! Also my cheeks hurt I don't think they have ever hurt this bad" (from smiling so much).  His family came and that was super awesome. He is super excited to share the gospel with all of his friends.  

We found this guy named Mitch.  He is friends with one of the members and also with Mike.  The member's daughter came out of the house as we were trying to visit their neighbor. She said, "Hey so you know that guy Mitch? Well, he told my mom that he wants you guys to teach him more about Jesus. Do you guys want to do that?" We said, "of course" and we taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He is super excited to learn and loved everything that we said.  We are seeing him again tonight.  

This weekend was Cornfest and we helped out with trash duty.  It was super fun... since basically you get all you can eat Olathe Sweet Corn for free and it is great.  Then you can put different things on it. Sister Poulton tried a poultry meat rub.  I also tried sweet corn gelato.  It was surprisingly really good.  

I also just read my Mission President's email and he is GETTING ALL OF US GLASSES FOR THE SOLAR ECLIPSE!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS THING SINCE 8TH GRADE AND I AM SO EXCITED. HE IS THE BEST. 

Hope you all have a super great week. 

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people sitting, people standing, child and indoor 
(Ana with the Bakers- a family that used to live in our ward, but moved to CO.  They were able to go out to lunch together one day this week since they are in Ana's area)

No comments:

Post a Comment